Sunday, January 4, 2009

Just Buzzin' Strawberry Tart

I have really enjoyed being off this past week because it has allowed me lots of time to play with my stamps and add entries to my blog. Is anyone out there reading it? I don't know, but I enjoy posting on it. I just changed the background too (thank you Annie for showing me how). I wanted something with alittle more color! Speaking of color, the new designer paper called Strawberry Tart that will be in the new Sprng/Summer catty coming out this month, features such a bold combination of color. I have used two pieces in this card. It is for my demonstrators group, Glitterin' Gals. We are having our monthly meeting at my house on the 18th. We will be swapping cards that feature anything new or springy looking. I pre-ordered this set called Just Buzzin' By. It is really cute! I stamped the bee hive and bee onto watercolor paper and used my Stampin' Up! markers to color them. You can see an awesome tutorial on coloring with markers here by Julie Buhler on her blog called Paper Pleasing Ideas.



Photobucket



Stamp Set: Just Buzzin' By
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Cameo Coral, Very Vanilla(inside card), watercolor paper, Strawberry Tart designer paper
Ink: Black Staz-On
Markers: Blush, Cameo Coral, Barely Banana, Summer Sun, More Mustard, Bashful Blue, Kiwi Kiss re-inker, Certainly Celery(inside card for stem)
Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the wings

Ribbon, Striped Kiwi Kiss

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, I love the new background you chose...it reminds me of Cordial Cherries...or chocolate covered Cherries. :) I also like your behive cards...very cute!!!

I'm so glad that you are having fun blogging. I was more than happy to teach you. You are a very quick study. :)

See you Friday...but you will see two of me...my twin is coming with me. HEE HEE!

Katie Cotton said...

these are so cute! You're coloring is fabulous!

Joanne Travis said...

Excellent design!! Good luck on your new blog, it looks like you are off to a great start!

Stamp and Smile said...

I love your cards and great COLORING!!! I popped into Julie's blog and yes, I checked out her tips on water coloring and will give it a try. You have a great blog! I started Oct. 2008 with mine. So much fun and at times it feels like we talk to ourselves!! LOL! I will be back to visit more... Smiles!!!!! :)

Rosie Lilya said...

Love your cards!