Thursday, January 22, 2009

FORE His Birthday!

My DH and I are going out to dinner with friends this weekend to help celebrate my friends DH's birthday. He is a golf pro and instructor so I wanted to make him a card with a golf theme. I remembered seeing a swap at convention last summer that held golf ties. Luckily I had taken a picture. I was trying and trying to figure out the dimensions and where the folds should be in order for it all to fit right. I finally decided that if I had some golf tees it would help me decide on the where the folds should be. So I looked in my DH's stash and there was a pack of tees in a folded container just like what I was trying to make! Huh! So that became my pattern although I adjusted it to fit a 11 x 4 1/4 piece of old olive cardstock. The designer papers are scrap pieces I had right there on my stamping table. I used the Round tab punch to make the tees on the card front and inside. I used my empressor and the paper piercing template to make the impressions on the "golf ball". All materials are from Stampin' Up!


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Sharon said...

This is such a cute card. I hope we make one in one of your classes.

Laura VanVleet said...

What a cool idea!! My brother would love a card like this!

Anjou Krelovich said...

So clever! I love the way this comes together!

Laura Pryor said...

I am totally going to make one of these for my dad's b-day in April! What a great idea. I'm so glad I saw this! YAyy! I never know what to do for dad. Now I do!