Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hello Sunshine

Here is my first card made with my new SU stuff! It's from the Cheap Talk set and features some of the new paper and buttons. The branch is made using the Little Leaves sizzlits die and the Big Shot. I love using the top note die for my top layer if I am stamping on Whiper White. The ribbon is tied on a little differently. I meant for it to go behind the top layer and tie at the side after punching out a half small oval. However it caused the top layer to be way off center and didn't look good. But I had already punch through the topnote as well as the other layers, which meant I couldnt just leave off the ribbon without having to do it all over again. So instead the ribbon is tie through the back side of the card.

Photobucket
Photobucket
I am also in the process of making a bunch of baby rompers as a gift to my DIL. Her baby is due on April 2. I am going to give these to her at her shower. She can use them as thank yous or announcememts. The little duck is shiny and smooth from a layer of Crystal Effects.
baby romper

7 comments:

Jan said...

Cute cards, Laura! I absolutely adore that top card!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Romper is adorable! and I LOVE your SU card. The way you popped the leaves up is gorgeous!

Paula said...

Love the 3-D in your Hello Sunshine card...beautiful colors you chose! The baby onesies are adorable! Looks like you are making quite a few! Your DIL should love them!

Jacquel said...

I'm so jealous you got your new goodies already! mine won't be here til next week!!! cute pojects...tfs!!!!!

Laura Pryor said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love love love both of these cards. I am dying for my new stuff, but sadly, it hasn't even been ordered yet. I'm waiting to sign up as a demo and I'm doing that on the 1st because of the SAB promo. This is truly fab work! Welcome to Blog Group 8. I will add you to my roll! I only just signed up today myself and am already stunned by the members' work! I think we're going to have some fun!

MaryJo said...

I am loving that bird card, I cant wait to get that set!!

Sharon said...

I love the blue bird card and romper set you are making. I know your DIL will love them.