Thursday, March 19, 2009

SASSSC Swap

Saturday is my Simple and Serious Stampers Swap Club meeting. Our swap theme this month is female birthdays. I knew I wanted to use my brand new Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set for my card, so I went to the gallery at SCS to get some mojo and inspiration. Well I fell in love with this card by Karmagirl and knew I had to case it. I colored the rose with my baja ink pad and aquapainter. I did not have any chocolate chip corduroy buttons like Jodi put on her card, but I loved the look. Soooo...I created my own "button look" by punching out buttons with my 3/4" circle punch. I used my new whisper white organza ribbon, and added sparkle to the rose with dazzling diamonds. Thanks, Jodi, for inspiring this beautiful card.

Photobucket
Recipe: Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set
Baja Breeze, Chocolate chip, Whisper white cardstock
Parisian Breeze Specialty designer paper
Baja Breeze ink and aquapainter, black staz-on ink
Stampin Up background texturz plates, piercing tool

3 comments:

Jacquel said...

This is a very pretty card and I'm lovin' the colors you used! excellent work & tfs!!!

Ellibelle said...

Simply beautiful I love the colors you chose. That designer paper is gorgeous and I especially love the sparkles you added to the rose.

Jan said...

Beautiful card, Laura!