Saturday, March 13, 2010

Basket of Flowers











How do YOU say Spring Break? Well it means I can play in my stamp room alllllllll week long, even though I SHOULD clean house and work in the yard and go through my stuff in my classroom that I want to sale ( I'm retiring this year, whoohoo). Just as I was leaving school yesterday, another teacher approached me and asked if I could make a BIG thank you card for them to use in the teacher's lounge when we get back from break. I had seen this card by Regina over at The Stampin' Bean and knew that I wanted to try it sometime. I decided it would be prefect and springy. I started with two of the tag board pieces that come in the packs of designer paper from SU. I cut a 4 x 12 inch piece of white card stock, scored it down the middle, and attached it tot eh 2 12 x 12 pieces of tag to create a hinge a make a 12 x 12 card. Then I covered the front and back with 12 x 12 dsp. The basket is So Saffron sponged with More Mustard. I used various scraps of card stock and my Daisy #2 big shot die to make the flowers. The little sign is made from a "hugs" note. I really like the way it turned out and I think my teacher friend will be pleased.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

What a great idea! The basket looks fabulous.