I received the sizzix die called Flower Layers in my last SU order, so I pulled it out to see just how this flower works. The first one I made looked so flat, so I cut between the petals to make them stand up some. I also wanted to make a clear acrylic card like ones I've seen others do.
I used the Raspberry Tart paper, such pretty colors, and after assembling them, I thought they looked pretty good. Then, later as I was visiting blogs on my blog list, I came across a card that looked almost exactly like the ones I had just finished, with one big exception. I had assembled the flowers incorrectly (or at least not the best way). I found out that they look better if you sponge the edges of the petals with some ink to give them dimension AND pop up the layers with dimensionals. So I went back to my card and tore the flowers off, sent new paper through the big shot and made new flowers. THIS time I sponged the edges and added dimensionals. I have to say, it really did make a difference. Oh yes, I also curled the edges with the side of my piecing tool. A pencil would work just as good.( I should have taken before and after shots but didn't)
Time to Play
1 day ago