Monday, February 23, 2009

Bunny Basket

Last Saturday, the SASSSC group met. This stands for Simple and Serious Stampers Swap Club. We meet once a month and swap cards according to a predetermined theme. Someone is responsible for a make and take. This month, Annie showed us how to make cute baskets from a 9 x 9 square of designer paper. I decided this would be a great project for the stamp club to make at the March meeting. I had several pieces of leftover Raspberry Tart, the pieces I didn't like for card marking. But I didn't have enough for 20 baskets, so I decided to make them smaller. I actually like the smaller size better as a party favor or Easter treat. I cut the designer paper 6 x 6. That way I could get four out of each sheet. I also cut 1 x 12" strips and then cut them in half to measure 1 x 6" for the handles. I used my score pal to score at 2" and 4" and then rotated the square and scored at 2 and 4" again. Then I made the punched bunny from yesterday's post to decorate the side. I used the boho blossom punch and punched out three of the largest blossom. I left the bottom one whole and cut the other two between every two petals. I layered them and attached it to the back side of the basket with a vanilla brad to make a bunny tail.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here is a photo of the punched pieces I used to make the bunny.
Photobucket
Scalloped circle, large and small oval, 1/2" circle punch, 5 petal flower punches used. The nose is just the tip of one flower petal. I used whisper white, pnk pirouette, and black cardstock.

12 comments:

Jacquel said...

What a cute basket Laura! I'll be casing you for my Easter treats class....I think the ladies will LOVE this---tfs!!!

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

What a Sweet Bunny Basket!

Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love the bunny and the flower added to the basket. The colors are fabulous too! I'm so glad you liked the demo...but you definitely took it to the next level. SO CUTE!!!

Michelle said...

Oh, that is so cute!! I've seen those on SCS but have never tried one, what a perfect basket for a little Easter gift!! TFS!

Ellibelle said...

This is adorable! And what a great way to show off both sides of the designer paper. Love it!

Carisa said...

omg super cute -- i need to remember this to make for my girls for easter! wish i had all those punches.

Jan said...

Oh how cute!!! Great job Laura!

Alicia said...

Oh I will be a casing that bunny face it is so clever and cute.

Sharon said...

Love your Easter basket. It is so cute and I love the colors also!

Paula said...

I adore this basket! What a cute Easter Bunny! I also love the tail...

Laura Pryor said...

left you some love on my blog today! Just letting you know :-) ~Laura

Michelle Yvette said...

Thanks for sharing this very cute idea!