Thursday, August 18, 2011

Letters to Santa Countdown frame

 I was inspired to make this countdown frame when I saw the one at the end of this post. I used all Stampin' Up! materials except for the fame (which I found on clearance at my local craft store). I covered the frame with Letters from Santa dsp using Mod Podge. I cut out the Santa and glued it to some chipboard and cut it out again when it dried. I did the same thing with the "Naughty or Nice".
 The words across the top were also found on the Letters to Santa dsp. I cut out each word, sponged the edges with Early Espresso and glue them down.
 I made my own chipboard tags and covered them with dsp. I cut chipboard numbers with my big shot and covered them with red shimmer paper. I used the Stitched Felt pieces to embellish each tag.
I removed the glass from the frame and covered the back with cork board, thinking that I would need to put in push pins to hang the tags from. However, once I had the backing back into the frame, I discovered that without the glass there was a ledge space inside the frame for the tags to sit on. That was much easier than than hanging them.They just slip in and out.
This is the frame that inspired mine, I'm sorry I can't read the signature on the photo to give credit to.

No comments: