Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Gently Falling Swap

I love how this card turned out! I used the emboss resist technique and a new set from the Holiday Mini coming out September 1st. Lots of good stuff in there. My club members should be receiving your this week in the mail!!I used Pool Party card stock for the background and used the new Fancy Fan letterpress (see page 217 in IB&C). I'm not a big fan of the letterpress plates but THIS one is gorgeous and easy. SU recommends using craft ink, but I used classic for this. For the main image, I stamped the background En Francais with Soft Suede ink. I stamped the leaf with versamark and clear embossed it. I sponged pool party ink around the leaf and then added a shadow with soft suede. Be sure to rub the embossed leaf with a clean part of the sponge or paper towel to wipe the ink off. I used  a strip of Spice Cake fabric for my ribbon. Look for it in the new Holiday Mini!

No comments: