Wednesday, August 17, 2011

August Stamp Club projects



I'm Back. I've had issues with Blogger not letting me post, but today I figured out the problem. There is a newer version that I had to switch to. Who knew? Not me!
The girls at Stamp Club learned how to make this wonderful plaid background using the stripes embossing folder, the big shot, and a brayer. First load the brayer with Blushing Bride ink (or any ink of your choice) and brayer the ink onto the inside of the embossing folder where the SU logo is. Layer your white cardstock onto the folder making sure it is straight with the stripes. Close folder and put through the big shot. Open folder and remove the cardstock. Re ink the brayer and embossing folder. Turn your cardstock 90 degrees and place into the folder and emboss a second time. Voila! Plaid. I saw Jan Tink demonstrate this at convention. 

 I just love the new Designer Fames embossing folders. Here I have used the oval. It also comes in a retangular frame. This card combines Pool Party with Lucky Limeade and Chocolate chip.
Don't you just love it when you find an "out of the box" way to use your "stuff"? Amy Celona showed how to make a wedding dress from the Mahattan Flower embossing folder. I embossed a square of white cardstock and then a square of vellum cardstock, placing the paper only over the area of the embossing folder that held the "dress". Using a bit of mono arcoss the waistline of the dress, I attached the two pieces together before cutting them out as one. The ribbon will cover the mono later. The pretty blue dsp is from Beau Chateau.

No comments: