Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rodeo Cowboy

The theme this month for the SASSSC swap is "male birthday". I love to use the cowboy theme for my guys, seeing as how we live in Texas. I stamped the bronc buster onto glossy paper with black staz-on (simply because it stamped darker than my black classic ink pad). Before I stamped it, I added the sunset with my brayer and spectrum pad. It was so easy and added such pretty color behind the stamped image. Then I used some old olive designer paper and black cardstock to make the card. I brayer some glossy cardstock with the same spectrum pad and stamped the "Howdy" with black staz-on before punching it out with the 1 1/4" circle punch and mounting it on a 1 3/8" olive circle. It is popped up over the punch black star. I attached a loop of twill tape with three black brads. I also distressed the edges of the designer paper to give it a more masculine look.
Photobucket

No comments: