Sunday, May 24, 2009

CCB07 Challenge

Lil' Inker is hosting this week's reative Cute Bloggers' Challenge. I specifically wanted to do this one because I have signed up with SCS to do this swap at convention. We had to create a card with just ONE layer of paper. That's not always easy for me with all the wonderful designer paper SU has to offer. But sometimes you just need a quick card. Well I knew right away that I wanted to use this new die for the Big Shot. It is called (um, let me look and see what it's caled) the Curly Lable Bigz XL. This die allows you to determine the placement of the curly lable cutout. I used the Cheep Talk set and the words from the A Little Birdie Told Me set. Ink and marker colors are Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun and Real Red. Words are in Basic Black. Its hard for me not to use ribbon, so that was my embellishment, real red grosgrain.
When you open the card, you can see the little bird sitting on a branch and saying "it's your birthday".

CCB07 one layer card

4 comments:

Jacquel said...

Hi Laura!
I LOVE your one layer card you made! Very creative & really cute!!!

I'll have to find the link for Lois' blog & send it to you! My card is almost an exact replica of hers---I did change up a few things LOL! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!!

Ellibelle said...

this is just gorgeous.Love the colors you used and the stamp set is so cute!

Anjou Krelovich said...

This is fabulous! Love that punch out and the little flowers are perfect with it!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Fabulous Card! Love it! Great job on the challenge!
:) Rachel