Sunday, January 5, 2014

Emboss ResistTutorial

This is the card I made to swap at Leadership later this week. I used the new stamp called "People like you" and I used the emboss resist technique for it. Below are the steps I completed to make this card.
On a 3x4 piece of vanilla card stock, I stamped the image with versamark and then covered it with clear embossing powder.

I heat set the embossing powder with my heat gun. See how it is shiny? The bit of color you might see is from the bit of left over ink that was on the stamp.I should have cleaned it better.

I used Daffodil Delight, Strawberry Slush, and Pistachio Pudding to color the image.
I started with the Strawberry Slush. With the pad closed, press it a few times to transfer some ink to the lid. Using an aqua painter, add some water to the ink. Then use the watered ink to color around the edges of your stamped panel as shown in the next photo.
You can see that I just added the color all over leaving some edges untouched.
Next I added more color over the stamped flower to make it pop. I dipped my painter into the undiluted ink for this.
Then I added the Daffodil Delight around the edges of the vanilla panel.
Finally, I used the Pistachio Pudding marker to color the stems.
I mounted the stamped panel onto a 3 1/2 x 4 1/2 panel of Strawberry Slush card stock.
Added the Pistachio Pudding ruffled trim.
Emboss the Pistachio Pudding card front with the new Scallops embossing folder.
Stamp the sentiment onto vanilla card stock and punch out withe the Decorative Label punch.

No comments: