Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fun Flowers Die Glass Koosie

I found this darling idea on the web and I have been searching to find it again to give credit where credit is due, but alas I can not find it. This is a glass koosie. It is made using the Fun Flowers die from Stampin' Up! and can be found in the occasions mini catalog. Contact me to order yours today! I placed with the pieces and came up with this tutorial on how I made mine.
The pieces were die cut from fleece, use white or ivory. Each piece was misted with a mixture of alcohol and re-inkers die. I filled a mini mister almost to the top with alcohol and added about 5 drops of re-inker. I misted both sides of the flowers and let them dry overnight. The die still rubbed off on my fingers as I ca making them. You may want to heat set the ink with an iron. Do not use your heat tool as it will cause the edges to start to melt and curl. The colors shown here are Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry (Melon Mambo is better but I misplaced it as I made the first one!) and Daffodil Delight. for the leave (forgot to show them in the picture) I used the Leaves #2 die and Old Olive re-inker.

Stack your pieces.

Pierce through the center.

Add a brad.


Leave the prongs closed and set it up like this.

Fold a scalloped circle of tulle or netting into fourths and place the point over the brad.

Fold a piece of ribbon and pierce to make a hole through both layers. Place onto brad and close.

Hot glue leaves over closed brad prongs.

Hot glue a piece of elastic over the leaves. I cut my elastic about 1" shorter than needed to go around my glass.

Adhere other end of elastic to form a circle.

Cover a felt circle with hot glue. I used the next to largest circle on the Circle #2 die.

Here is what is will look like from the back when you are finished.


Here is another look at the finished koosie. Isn't it the cutest thing? I am going to make enough to put on my glasses so that I can decorate the table with them at my next "supper club" dinner. Note: it is easier to put the koosie on by slipping it on from the bottom of the glass and sliding it up as far as you need to go.

No comments: